Why do people need credit repair?
On the positive side:
– Credit is tighter than ever and banks are scrutinizing applications for mortgages carefully. Make sure your credit will pass muster so that the bank will underwrite your loan by having old, negative items removed by a trained professional.
When bad things happen:
– Good, hard-working people lose their jobs or have their hours cut back severely due to down-sizing or outsourcing.
– The same people can have medical bills wipe out their finances.
– Losing one’s home to foreclosure or having to do a short sale has a severe impact on credit. After a few years, you’ll be recovered financially and psychologically and be ready to purchase a home again. Credit repair is essential to moving your new home purchase forward to a successful conclusion.
– And . . . as many readers of the California Real Estate Fraud Report know, their credit can be ruined as a result of being victims of identity theft or crimes by unscrupulous persons.
Here are examples of the items that can be removed/deleted from our credit reports by a reputable credit repair firm:
1. Late Payments on mortgage accounts. 35 removed in the last 2 months. The credit score was raised by an average of 50-75 points in 30-40 days.
2. Collection accounts- over 50 collection accounts in the last 60 days, saving some of our clients over $10,000 to $25,000 by removing old collection accounts on their credit.
3. Foreclosures – removed about 60-70% of the time.
4. Short Sales – 25 removed in the past 90 days.
5. Medical collection accounts- we have been able to settle with collection agencies and save our clients at least 65-70% of what was owed.
6. Late payments on auto loan/leases – we have been able to get these removed from client’s credit.
7. Late payment on credit cards – we have over 425 removed in 2010 alone.
My colleague is formerly a private mortgage banker with Wells Fargo with 15 years of banking experience. His credit repair firm has performed credit repair for over 3,000 satisfied clients in the past five years.
Please email me if this is a service you need. You will get an honest, realistic evaluation of what can and cannot be done and a firm price (not an “estimate”) of how much it will cost you.
As good consumers, please research and speak with more than one credit repair service so that you choose wisely.
Monique Bryher, Real Estate Broker/Realtor®